Central States Stewardship NewsBy Rev. Len Dale, Bishop’s Associate 
People from around the synod are adding new stewardship approaches to their ministries:
- Janice Hawley (Hillside Community Lutheran, Spring Hill KS) and Merle Brockhoff (St. James, Kansas City MO) have taken the ELCA training to be stewardship coaches. They are both coaching two other pastors in stewardship ministry.
- Kris Luber (First, Topeka KS) will be attending Mission Interpreter training in Chicago in August. At the training she will network with mission interpreters from around the nation and get versed on the latest ways of sharing the story of God’s mission in the ELCA.
- Atonement Lutheran Church (Overland Park KS) will participate in The Generosity Project, an intergenerational approach to stewardship in the congregation.
- Others from the synod will be attending the Rethinking Stewardship event at Luther Seminary July 28-30.
Be sure to look for stewardship resources at: www.elca.org/Resources/Stewardship. If you are doing something new or creative, share your experience. We want to hear about it. Send your stories/pictures to Rev. Len Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click banner (above) for link to Luther Seminary Stewardship Resources, Newsletters and more!
To download a complete bulletin insert, click HERE
To download complete bulletin insert, click HERE.
For a full-color bulletin insert size letter, click La Resurreccíon
For a full-color bulletin insert size letter from The Bridge, click THE BRIDGE.
For a full-color bulletin insert size letter, CLICK KC OROMO MISSION
For a full-color bulletin insert size letter from Hillside Community Lutheran Church, click HCLC.
Presentations from 2010 Leadership SeminarProvided by Rev. Len Dale
The Ecumenical Stewardship Center staff would like to thank you for attending the 2010 Leadership Seminar. It was a great time to get to know others from all over North America that are focused on stewardship as you are. Whether a pastor, stewardship educator, foundation or capital campaign personnel, we trust you found the conference helpful for your work.
The presenters at the Leadership Seminar have offered to make their presentations available to you. You can access the by clicking on the links below.
- Mike Graves Presentation
- Phillip and Janet Jamieson’s Presentation The Problem with Money
- Phillip and Janet Jamieson’s Presentation Expanding the Money Conversation
- Phillip and Janet Jamieson’s Presentation Money Leadership in the Church
- Phil Bergey Presentation
|I hope you will make plans now to attend the 2011 Leadership Seminar. Mark your calendar now for November 28 – December 1, 2011. We will meet at the Sirata Beach Resort and Conference Center again next year. Details about the theme and presenters will be made available as soon as have them in place.|
The Word of God provides a foundation for teaching stewardship. The study of Scripture — along with basic stewardship principles and practices — are the starting point for all ages to become good stewards and to teach others. Here is a suggested resource:
Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, Ohio
Stewardship means “belonging to God” — all that we are and all that we have comes from God. We are grateful to God for it all, and responsible to God for how we use it. There is a connection between stewardship and spirituality: generous giving as a spiritual discipline helps us to grow in Christ.
“Duty and delight” are both motivating factors for giving— doing what we ought to do as responsible church members, and making cheerful sacrifices out of love for God. MORE
Parish PublishingFresh Ideas for your Stewardship Ministry
Are you thinking about a stewardship program? Here is a resource for you.
Our 3-week or 5-week programs include all the necessary resources to run a successful stewardship campaign that focuses equally on giving of our time, talent and treasure. Programs culminate on “Commitment Sunday” when people turn in their commitment forms. All materials in either Program Resource Book are available online and can be downloaded right to your computer for easy customization! Each stewardship program has coordinated materials, including Bible studies (and answer book), devotionals and tri-fold brochures (available separately). For more information and to order, visit Parish Publishing.
What Happens to My Dollar?
A short summary of how your financial support translates into ministries in the Central States Synod and ELCA. To download this bulletin insert, click What Happens to My Dollar? (Rev. 0712)
Make It Simple
A congregational stewardship resource to assist you in stewardship education — about simplicity and generosity — and in conducting a response method by which you collect congregation members’ commitments to support financially God’s mission in your midst. May God’s Spirit embolden you in your stewardship and your service. Follow the link, MAKE IT SIMPLE, to the ELCA web site.
Compare Your Income …
… to the rest of the world at www.globalrichlist.com. How does that change the way you think about your money? As one of the richest people in the world, what does God expect from you?
Links of Interest
- ELCA Stewardship Site
- Stewardship of Life Institute
- Year Round Stewardship Communication – ELCA Resources to use all year.
- Celebrate Generosity (PDF) – a four-week program designed to help members discover the joys of giving through growth in giving.