The 2015 Central States Synod Assembly will be held June 4-6, 2015 at Bethany College in Lindsborg, Kan.
A good number of elections will take place at the 2015 Synod Assembly. For a listing of leadership opportunities, click ELECTIONS 2015.
Assembly 2014 is now history! See below for reports, video and other resources.
- Approved the 2015 Compensation Guidelines
- Approved Amendments to Central States Constitution. Download: Summary of Constitution Amendments.
- Approved the Proposed Budget (FYE 013116)
- Synod Council Election Results
Assembly Video Resources:
- Opening Worship Sermon — Rev. Keith Hohly
- Closing Worship Sermon — Rev. Raphael Malpica-Padilla
- Closing Worship Offertory and Communion Distribution
Assembly Binder Materials
Intro Section — CLICK HERE to download entire section. This section includes the following information:
Section I: Reports — CLICK HERE to download entire section. This section includes the following information:
Section II: Nominations — CLICK HERE to download entire section. This section includes the following information:
- Tentative Agenda/Schedule – Rev. 052114 (subject to change without notice)
- Dates to Remember
- Voting Members to Assembly
- Congregations with 500+ members (Allows for additional voting members)
- Voting Member Waiver Request (Due in synod office March 1)
- Registration Form (for payment by check) OR REGISTER ONLINE (for credit/debit card payment only)
- Youth – Parental/Medical Release Form (required for youth participants under 18 years of age)
- Display Table Request Form
- Partnership Linkage Form (Request or provide financial assistance for attending Assembly)
- Hotel Reservations must be made directly with the hotel by May 5, 2014 to assure rooms/rates.
For reservations, call 888-532-4338 or 417-866-5253. Be sure to ask for the “ELCA Central States Synod” group block for the Assembly rate of $89 per night for standard room (plus applicable taxes). Complimentary hot breakfast buffet included with reservation.
- Overflow hotel/motel information: The Best Western Plus Coach House (across the street from Ramada) will match the $89 (+ tax) rate. Address: 2535 N. Glenstone; Phone 417-862-0701 or 1-800-287-1476. Please identify yourself as “Central States Synod, ELCA” for the reduced rate; The Holiday Inn, at 2720 N. Glenstone is offering rooms at a reduced rate of $117 (+ tax). Call 417-865-8600 or 1-800-Holiday and identify yourself as “Central States Synod, ELCA”; DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, 2431 N. Glenstone, 417-831-3131. Reduced rate of $139 (+ tax) per night for Thursday and Friday. Register online by clicking DoubleTree.
This section includes the following information: